Sunday, March 20, 2011

Speed Metal Sunday featuring DragonForce!!!!

One of the things that I both love and hate about games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band is the large portion of songs that are from artists or genres that I don't listen to or don't care to listen to.  When I just want to beat the game straight through, I don't want to bother with the unknown.  However, the exposure to new (to me) artists has enlightened me to several songs that I otherwise would never have heard.  One of the biggest unknowns that I now listen to on a regular basis is DragonForce.
DragonForce's Through the Fire and Flames is included as the bonus song awarded after the player beats Guitar Hero III.  By the third edition, Guitar Hero had turned from a family-fun guitar game to a sadistic, impossible solo-fest, and yet Through the Fire and Flames was still too difficult to include as a part of the regular game.  As difficult as this song is to play just by using 5 buttons, I am amazed that someone actually plays this in real life.  Check it out, the video is AWESOME.  Grab a bucket, because your face is about to be melted:
I can only imagine how awesome it would be to be able to play the guitar like that. 

If you'd like to see how fun the Guitar Hero version is, here you go:

And, for a little humor (and to show you that some people have WAAAAAAYYYY too much time on their hands), here is a Mario Paint rendition:


Enjoy!

26 comments:

  1. the mario paint version is incredibly accurate! that guy had no life at all! I use to like dragonforce so much, until I watched them live. Sam was way to drunk to play and herman li was just showing off the whole time... result was not what expected... I din't pay to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great guitar playing dude,also with lots of practicing u might reach such ha level,rock on and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recommend you put this video too =)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a497Hom8Gg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasos: When did you see them? I saw them on their Ultra Beatdown tour, and loved it. I heard that before that though, they were sloppy drunk on stage. (Not that they sober when I saw them, but they were still able to do flips and such on stage.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet I am learning the guitar right now thanks for the post! Followed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is rarely a song on Guitar Hero that I would actually listen to through my own choice. And even if there was, Guitar Hero probably ruined the song for me. So no, there isn't a single song on Guitar Hero that I would actually listen to through my own choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. face = melted. i am sending it to you for prompt repair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha the Through the Fire and Flames solo melted my face in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TTatF is amazing, quite an exhausting song, even for the GH players. The Mario Paint one is some serious talent too though, I like the creative remakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were right video is awesome .

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mario paint version blows me away

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for those videos, nice songs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about this screams autism for me, except the song - that´s just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome sound, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite version for guitar hero is still the guy who Connected his MIDI drum set up and played the guitar part for Fire and Flames. Shit was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forgot how awesome Mario Paint was!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was never really impressed by dragonforce.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like such a dork when I hear a song somewhere, rock out to it... and then realized that I'd only ever heard of it because of Guitar Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha I love dragonforce. everyyyonce in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Tasos - that's one of the drawbacks I've heard of seeing them in concert. I would love to be a rock star just drinking all the time, but if you make your name with speedy guitar work, you should be sober enough to do it when you perform.

    @LoneIslander - sounds cool; I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. speed metal still amazing as always,also great songs and videos choice,u really picked em well,supported

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this song. I haven't really listened to much of their other stuff, but the freakin speed they go is insane!

    ReplyDelete